Components and rubber
Bergen Plastics Rubber Solutions, a subsidiary of Bergen Plastics Group, has highly developed production programs, ensuring technically advanced production and products. Our services range from well proven standardized rubber products to tailor made rubber solutions upon request.
Bergen Plastics Rubber Solutions AS has multiple production departments, allowing for
- Tailor made rubber products and processes
- Rubber moulding
- Extruding rubber profiles in a wide range of shapes and for various purposes, also with stiffening metal inserts
- Rubber coating
- Hoses for offshore use, reinforced with balanced bouancy
- Mixing department for customized rubbers
- Engineering Workshop for specialized tooling and solutions
As well as rubber, we create plastic components for various industries - ranging from electricity and kitchen utensils.
Bergen Plastics’ factory at Tokke makes reinforced plastic, consisting of two or more different materials combined together to create a superior and unique material.
Reinforced plastic can not melt, and receive its final shape in the preparation. Thermoplastics may be reinforced by forming crosslinks between chains. An important example is the vulcanization of rubber, where the sulfur enable double bonds of the chains and links them together. The more cross-links, the stiffer plastic.